My Library Project

 By Dennis Lantz

Libraries opened my eyes to different worlds. Their books cultivated my imagination, each one a key to some reality different than my own. They were my citadels and my refuge. They fed my soul.

I spent hours scouring the back rooms, surveying each and every aisle. As I became older I discovered that the non-fiction sections were just as full of wonder as the fiction. So many books brought happiness to me and, now that I am a published author, I hope my stories bring the same joy and inspiration to others. Libraries are the perfect place for that to happen. My Library Project, which includes donations to several local libraries, has begun.

My novels, Zander's Tale, The Spiders of Eden and Pine Street and the Mighty Mutation Circus can now be borrowed from the Spalding Memorial Library in Athens, Pennsylvania. A special thanks to library director, Tiffany Robbins.

This is the first step. My ultimate goal is to get my books into every library in America… no the world. Heck, I want them to be in every library in the universe! If you are going to dream, dream big!  

The Spalding Memorial Library in Athens, Mather Memorial Library in Ulster, the Towanda Public Library and the Bradford County Library were staples of my younger life. Somewhere along the way I stopped utilizing these great resources, but now I have a goal to renew the connection I once had with them.

The Sayre Public Library and the Waverly Free Library are also on my initial list. I’ve worked most of my adult life in these communities and feel just as thankful to them as the others. I’ve attended public presentations at the Sayre library, but have never been to the Waverly library. I hope to change that too.

The only non-public library that furthered my literary career is the Athens Area High School Library. I haven’t been there in over thirty-three years. The school has been added to and renovated since I went there, so it likely exists in a different location. As soon as school starts this fall, I will contact that department.

Without libraries, my life would have been quite different. I read a lot… and the simple truth is that my parents would not have been able to afford all those books. So, I intend to donate each of my novels to these libraries as a way of telling them ‘Thank You’ for everything they did for me.

Support your local libraries. I intend to do so.

Until next time,

Read, Learn, Live

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vivian Mae Humphrey West

My Hogan Journal

Lora Ethelina Horton Zeller Schraeder